[OM] OM-10 Mirror slap

Subject: [OM] OM-10 Mirror slap
From: "Frank Costa" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:46:37 -0800
    I have a perfect specimen OM-10 that my photographically uninclined
father has kept socked away in a closet for years (too bad the store
salesman didn't steer him towards a OM-3 or 4). Anwyay, I've been clicking
away with it for some months now, and recently landed a fair deal on a PC. I
noticed right away, after comparing the operation of both cameras, that the
OM-10's shutter slap is much more pronounced. You can actually feel it in
your wrist, whereas with the PC I can only hear it (should I bother with
this ESP switch, I wonder?). Is this loud clacking fellow a common trait of
10's? Will my handheld shots, or tripod held for that matter, suffer reduced
sharpness, resolution, what have you? I haven't run any comparison tests
yet, but would like to get some input on this first. Thanks.