RE: [OM] Battery drain

Subject: RE: [OM] Battery drain
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:00:23 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 6 januari 1999 05:47
Ämne: Re: [OM] Battery drain

>Ah, my favorite topic that resurfaces as often as I change batteries
in my
>IS-3.  If you think the OM-2S is a T-Rex when it comes to batteries,
what
>do you call any of the latest offerings from Canon, Nikon, or
Minalta?

>For perspective, I replace the batteries in the IS-3 at least 3X more
often
>than in the OM-2S.

Not to mention the IS-3000 with it's dreadful super FP flash mode
which eats batteries alive       ;-)

Another difference between these two cameras is that the batteries are
drained in the OM-2S/P even if not used. I have not seen this in my
IS-3000.

>I did have John replace the flash ready circuit in mine as I use
flash
>quite heavily in both wedding and macro work.
>
>Ken

I take it you mean in your OM-2S? Would have been nice though if there
had been a way to reduce battery consumption in the IS cameras as well
(besides not using the built-in flash).

Per Nordenberg