Re: [OM] replace circuits

Subject: Re: [OM] replace circuits
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:15:00 +0800

I wonder is there any of such battery drain in the OM-3Ti?
If no, then Olympus should replace all OM-4 and OM-4Ti with battery problem with
the new circuit used by the OM-3Ti free of charge. As these battery problems is
caused by their poor circuit design.

Jim
_____________________________

Hello all,

I have heard, that some OM-4 and  OM-2SP need an exchange of circuits
because of battery drain (with my OM-2n and OM-4 Ti I don't know this
problem, but I turn off beeping and don't use the viewfinder illumination).
Then John wrote, that the replace circuit for the OM-2SP is sold out. My
question is, isn't it possible to build such an circuit in small series. I
am not in electronical tinking, but maybe with the help of a computer and
programable microcontrollers it is possible to build such circuits for a
reasonable price ?

Matthias Wilke