[OM] How many 49mm Olympus front lens covers (was: lens handbooks)

Subject: [OM] How many 49mm Olympus front lens covers (was: lens handbooks)
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:18:55 -0800
>I would like to know how many distinct versions of the 49mm Olympus
>front lens covers were made available.  In my possession are at least
>4 different designs, some thinker and some thinner, some with
>different "thread" thingies at the edge to grip the inside of the
>lens.  One thing they all have in common is they all have two edge
>squeeze tabs.  So were there other designs and variations?

I guess Dan's only interested in 49mm, but I have a 72mm aluminum threaded
lens cap, black anodized and edge-knurled on the outside, "OLYMPUS"
engraved in white on the inside. It came on a used 300/4.5 I picked up. I
keep it in a drawer -- I replaced it with a $3.79 Ritz plastic snap-on for
convenience.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229