Re: [OM] TTL FUNCTION

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL FUNCTION
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:55:41 +0200
>Noone answered me so I try again...
>I read in the "Olympus Book" that OM3 and Om4
>have the TTL function towards flash
>I mean, in this way it is possible to stop the flash as soon as the
>subject is well ewposed.
>As someone told me that this function was only in the OM3TI and OM4TI
>I'd like to know if it's real???
>So the book is wrong???
>Or maybe the person who told me intended the SUPER FP FUNCTION???
>Any Idea???
>By the way what is OTF function????
>Thanks

TTL-flash you find in the OM-3 Ti, OM-4 Ti, OM-4, OM-2 (any), OM-40 (=OM PC).
TTL-flash is ABSENT in OM-1 (any), OM-3, other "two digit" OM-bodies (OM-10
and so on).
Super FP TTL you find in OM-4 Ti and OM-3 Ti (and OM-707 (=OM-77AF).
OTF means "off the film" metering, it is used for normal auto exposure with
OM-cameras in general and it is NECESSARY for the TTL-flash technique. The
light measurement cell meters the light at the film plane directly.

Matthias