[OM] "cheap" batteries?; TTL flash; 4Ti vs 4T

Subject: [OM] "cheap" batteries?; TTL flash; 4Ti vs 4T
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:04:21 -0800
"357s ARE cheap ($2.20 US each) and I tend to carry 4 of 'em, just in
case..."

$2.20 _ain't_ cheap -- that's whay you pay at Radio Shock. Watch-supply
companies sell silver-oxide cells for much less. You have to stripS of 5
or 10, and the shipping charges will partly offset the savings. However,
if you can get up a "reasonable" order (most of us need other types of
watch batteries, as well as lithium cells), you can save a lot of money.

I've been buying from Zantech for SEVERAL years. Check their site at

        http://www.zantechinc.com/

"I have heard Minolta invented metering a pattern on the shutter
curtain, but had they thought to use it for TTL-flash?"

A moment's thought will show that that it's impossible to read flash
exposure off the shutter curtains.

$300 is a big difference in price. But I'd go with the 4Ti. The 4Ti
supports the F280 flash, and you're less likely to electrical problems
with the 4Ti. Both have titanium tops/bottoms.