Re: [OM] Battery drain & used body testing

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery drain & used body testing
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:26:00 -0500
I haven't tested one in a while, but as I recall, the OM-PC battery
drain is higher if the camera is set to Manual or B.
10 microamps (.010 milliamps) is normal, even 15 is acceptable.
If your OM-4 is an old style and never service (ie new circuit) the
drain may be as high as 30-35 microamps.
Use  Eveready 357 silver oxide batteries in all cases as they stand up
to the constant drain much better than any other silver oxide battery.
They may cost 2-3 times as much as LR, but they're worth it.

John