[OM] a longer discussion, please

Subject: [OM] a longer discussion, please
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:21:08 -0800
"In the early '70s when I believed in the Nikon hype, I bought my dream
camera outfit, a Nikkormat FT with three Nikkors and I can clearly
remember the intense disappointment that developed over the first few
weeks of its ownership. Fortunately it was resolved by swapping it for
an equivalent Leica M2 outfit."

The "aesthetic" of using a rangefinder camera is decidedly different
from using an SLR. So your distaste with the Nikkormat might have had
nothing to do with Nikkormats, per se. Which, in turn, raises the
question of how you eventually "came around" to OM cameras.

If you have the time, could you discuss this in more detail?