Re: [OM] Various lens sharpness numbers at various apertures

Subject: Re: [OM] Various lens sharpness numbers at various apertures
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:31:47 EST
Dave Bulger writes:

> This is gonna bug me until I know exactly what aperture each of
>  my lenses is sharpest at.

Well, my next round of testing will likely include the following:
35mm f/2.8 Shift centered and at maximum horizontal offset
90mm f/2 Macro
90mm f/2 Macro with 2X teleconverter, 1.4X teleconverter and both converters
100-200 f/5 (with and without 2X teleconverter)
100mm f/2.8 w/ 2X teleconverter
135mm f/3.5 w/ 2X teleconverter
200mm f/5 w/ 2X teleconverter
300mm f/4.5 with 1.4X teleconverter
300mm f/4.5 with 2X teleconverter

***Note to all***
If anyone is willing to lend me their 135mm f/2.8 (SC or MC), I'd be happy to
test it with and without the 2X.  I'd also love to borrow another person's
200mm f/4 to verify that mine is sick, as well as be able to test all the lens
that the 2X was designed for - while I have the 2X on loan.  Please contact me
offline on that.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV