[OM] Re: To Frank ref: / Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: [OM] Re: To Frank ref: / Be careful what you wish for...
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:59:16 EST
Hello Frank & All,
I have a major concern with this type of posting on this list and I will
explain soon.

For 2 days now I have read all the post regarding Frank's negative opinion of
the 3-4 series OM cameras features.  I am truly puzzled why Frank is so
negative and have come up with 3 options.
Option 1:  Frank, do you work for a competitive camera manufacture and are
just trying in a rather awkward way in gaining info on why we OLY users are so
committed to the OM line?
Option 2:  Do you actually work for "Mother Olympus" and are probing us to see
how we feel on each and every feature of the 3&4 series bodies?
If either if the above options are correct, then I am sure we all would be
happy to discuss our insights.
Option 3:
If none of the above is true.  Then, I must say you are without a doubt one of
the most pessimistic, negative persons I have ever seen.  If you look at life
the way you evaluated the benefits of the 4 series body, you are in for a very
long and negative world.  You have taken every "feature" of the 3&4 Series OM
body and somehow created, imagined, fabricated or miss-represented the
"Positive Benefits" of these features to a "Negative" point that ONLY YOU can
understand.
But worse, you have portrayed them as real and hence my concerns.

For all those list members who have not converted to the 3&4 series bodies, I
hope that you have taken Frank's comments with question and judge for
yourselves if the 3&4 series bodies "Features and Benefits" are positive
improvements over the 1&2 series.  If you have questions on the merits of any
feature, then just ask the list and I am sure you will get all the Pros & Cons
you could desire.

This list was formed as an educational tool.  Lets try and keep it that way.
Buddy Walters