Re: [OM] was Battery drain -> Frozen Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] was Battery drain -> Frozen Photography
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:39:14 EST
Hi Steven,
I think Hans was referring to -20 Celsius,  While you from the USA 'Motorcity'
are probably referring to -20 Fahrenheit.  A considerable difference.
BW

Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< I get the feeling that few of you have actually taken pictures at -20 and
 thereabouts.  The first and last time I did, (with an OM-1 mind you - that
had
 been out awhile), the film stock cracked and ripped as I tried to advance

 what set this off is "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writing
(before
 I hacked mercilously)
    BTW, ... probably the *best* camera for arctic regions ... is
    not the OM-1(n) or the OM-3(Ti) but the good old OM-2(n) combined with the
    3V. Battery Holder 1....The first (and last ?) camera that will keep on
working *and* provide
    metering at -20, -30 degrees Celcius :-)... >>