Re: [OM] A little decorum please

Subject: Re: [OM] A little decorum please
From: e3ujxj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joe X. Jackson)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:46:43 -867506 (EST)

> << So don't try to understand why someone disagrees with you, just make
>  a personal attack on him. >>
>
> You just didn't get it, I guess. He did it purposely to piss us off. He was
> being an a**hole, pure and simple. He can love the OM-4 or leave it.

looks like it worked, in a lot of cases. myself, i appreciated his rant.
i've been thinking about the om-4 lately as something to add a little
youth to my camera bag (all my cameras are old enough to vote). while i
don't believe that i would count all his points as flaws, some of them
might bother me, and i mightn't have noticed them while doing a 10-minute
demo in a shop.

i agree with the poster (sorry, i lost your name) who said that he'd
expect, when buying an om-4, to get something like an om-2n with extra
goodies thrown in. reading about all the things in the om-4t that *could*
bother me will be extremely helpful if i ever work up the nerve to walk
into a shop to look at one. (or even FIND a shop in the area that sells
them.)

i think that a lot of people (myself included) take personal offense
when someone disses something they think highly of. it looks like they're
saying "your judgement is bad", when what they're REALLY saying is
"you and i don't have the same set of priorities and needs."

--
                                   | Napoleon wore a black hat
                       joe jackson | Ate lots of chicken
              e3ujxj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | And conquered half Europe