Re: [OM] 357 batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:02:59 +0100
Wolfgang Theissen wrote:

> I am not the master of the batteries but
> found some information about the capacity of the cell type SR44 of some
> manufacturers (all of them silver oxide types):
>
> Manufacturer            Battery Name            Capacity
> VARTA (german)  V76PX                   145mAh
> Kodak                   KS76                    160mAh
> Duracell                D301/357                165mAh
> Duracell                MS76                    180mAh
>
> It might help to choose the one with the highest capacity.

Sorry, but the rated capacity of cells of different can not be compared
so easy.
It depends on methods and specs choosen to test the cell. For example
the voltage an manufactor choosed to declare an cell dead, it makes an
different in capacity if 1.1V or 1V was choosen for end voltage. The
type of discharging fast/slow continiously/intermediate has an impact on
capacity.
Best would an test, which simulate the intended use (in an OM).

Regards

Richard