Re: [OM] OT Syquest

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Syquest
From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:07:19 EST
In a message dated 1/13/99 1:38:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, omtech@xxxxxxxxx
writes:
<< Last week I was in an Office Depot store and they were "still" selling
 the SyQuset Sparq for $199, while others had been passing them through @
 $30 - $49.
 John >>

I read on this list weeks ago that such bargains were abounding, but after
scouring Virginia and DC area high and low I have not found any that are even
discounted... CompUSA, Staples, Office Depot are all still selling the units
at normal retail. I asked the manager at the Richmond,Va CompUSA about the
availability, and he says the warehoused quantity is more than sufficient for
reordering and that they have been told that a "private source" purchased
Syquest as of December 28.
The main reason they filed for reorganization was that the bank backing their
line of credit withdrew its support...may be an infision of capital is just
what they needed. I doubt serioiusly all the naysaying tho..17 yr old
companies with technology of this importance just don't fade away.
Susan