Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:39:37 -0600
>The good news????
>Well, as more people leave the OM system, we will find better bargains!

Ain't happening, pilgrim.  For some odd reason dealers aren't touching the
OMs.  They will carry Canon and Pentax without reservations, but Olympus
and Liecas are left out in the cold.  Olympus cameras have formed a
secondary retail market, like Liecas whereas they are being traded, bought
and sold through private means.

The prices on used equipment have reversed the depreciation trend and
unless you buy a brand spanken new lens today, you investment in OM
equipment will not go down.  Every single piece of gear I have is worth far
more today than when I bought it.  (even if I consider inflation!!!).

Will Olympus become another Leica?  Already happening.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx