Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:15:19 EST
In a message dated 1/14/99 7:55:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< It seems to be Olympus's position that their
 camera is so good, so perfect, that it has needed no improvement for
 nearly a decade, they can charge what they like for it, and
 give customers practically no choice of OM bodies.  >>

And if Olympus gave a large choice of manual focus bodies, you would be
critical of that too, as being too old fashioned, I'm sure.
The present day OM-4T and OM-3Ti seems to me, and this is only my opinion,
about the best  manual focus camera available when you consider everything-
Resale, features, size, reliability, construction, and the quality of the
Zuiko lenses . Would I like the prices lower, yes. But you could say that
about Nikon or Canon or Minolta's top models, too. They're all up there in
price.

You seem to be obsessed with criticizing this camera company. So it's not your
cup of tea, so what? Buy a different camera and get on with your life. Many
here also enjoy other brands for many varying reasons. That CERTAINLY doesn't
mean I should like the other brands also. Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

Your criticism is comparable to cricizing me for what kind of car I drive.
Maybe it's 10 years old, so what? Should you lecture me on how you hate that
brand/model? NO! It's MY choice. Should you tell me a different company sells
a better model? NO!  Should you tell me it stinks because the tachometer is to
the left of the speedometer, and in your opinion that's illogical?  Or that it
doesn't have cruise control, and that makes it a dumb design? Or that the
windshield wipers sweep the snow to the left, why not sweep it to the right,
away from the driver's view? Do you think I'm an idiot and don't know what's
out there? ITS THE SAME WITH A PERSON"S CAMERA. We CHOOSE the Olympus. YOU are
free to CHOOSE your camera.See what I'm getting at? EVERYONE's different.
EVERYONE has a personal opinion.
Take care,
George S.