Re: [OM] Miscellaneous For Sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Miscellaneous For Sale
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:37:14 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 16:57:31 EST you write:
>Hi Clyde:
>
>> Just curious since I have the '84, which two were added?
>
>The 1985 version has two additional lenses, incl. the 180mm f/2 and, I think,
>the 90mm f/2 Macro.  Frank can verify this for us.  BTW, those lens were just
>added to existing pages - there were no new pages in the 1985 edition.

>From the FAQ:
        _The OM System Lens Handbook_ by Olympus.  Published around
        1984-5, and described in the intro as the first in a series of
        guides to all parts of the OM system.  I'm only aware of this
        one, though.  According to Applebaum, Olympus has no plans to
        publish the rest of the series.  It has a photo essay in the
        beginning that showcases Zuiko lenses, a short history of Olympus
        and the OM system, an essay on the philosophy behind the design of
        the OM system by Maitani, a section describing each of the lenses
        then available in detail, and finishes up with a short section on
        each of the other system groups and a lexicon of lens terms.  Note
        that there are at least 2 versions of this book, one dated 1984,
       the other dated Oct 1985.  The later one includes the following
        lenses not included in the earlier version, but is otherwise
        (at least as far as I can tell) identical:
        50/2 Macro, 180/2, 35-70/3.5-4.5.
        ISBN Unknown

So there are 3 additional lenses, not two.

Cheers,
--Lee