Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:06:26 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Ernens
>... from the brochures. TTL/OTF metering and spot metering are no longer
"sophisticated".

Modern 'sophistication' means means either that the camera's circuits take
control of most of the picture taking process or (and) using expensive
battery power to do things you can so easily do manually. My OM-2n used
technology to *assist* me to take pictures whereas 'sophisticated' cameras
are stuffed with features just because somebody has devised them, and their
users have to make decisions about how they come to terms with a host of
unnecessaries. Today I looked out and read the original Olympus sales
brochures for the OM-1 and 2 and it's all still pretty impressive to me -
the stuff  illustrated is still eminently useful.

Twenty years ago the only extras I would have liked to have seen is
confirmation in the viewfinder that the body is being held perfectly level,
both horizontally and fore and aft, but AFAIK no one has yet provided
something that useful.

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx