Re: [OM] Imagek EFS-1 system

Subject: Re: [OM] Imagek EFS-1 system
From: Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:29:37 +0200
Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> :The Imagek EFS-1 cartridge system that can convert 35mm SLR cameras into
> :digital models is set to go on sale in June for under $800. The makers
> :claim that it will be compatible with most popular 35mm SLR cameras
> :currently in use. If the demand is there Imagek says it will expand the
> :compatibility to remaining system owners
>
> They've been announcing this cartridge for more than one and a half year
> now, and have postponed its release at least twice. This reduced my initial
> enthousiasm and made me wonder if it was just some piece of vapour-hardware,
> using premature press releases, intentended perhaps to bind prospect
> shareholders. In any case I'll still have doubts about this date which still
> sounds like a "Microsoft Windows Release Date" (yes always too late). Maybe
> they should, just in case, change the name into EFS-2000. Oh well, at least
> their initial price setting is decreased from $1000 to $800...

Plus it suppose to be a 1.3 megapixel resoltion and hold 30 pics (at what res
though?). there already many digitals going upwars from 1.5 MP now that user
chepera smarmedia cards. Whats going to happen when you need to switch the new
"film", If you dont have access to a computer, put another $800?

Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos