Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:20:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Denton writes:
>
> > And however the net affects pricing of used gear, no doubt it will affect
> >  Oly and Nikon the same way, no?
>
> Doesn't seem to be equal, Denton.  I can't claim to be a student of Nikon
> pricing, but I'm seeing comparable Zuiko's selling for more than a comparable
> Nikkor's.  Supply vs. demand, I reckon.

  It varies. Locally, the big "pro" shop has declared OM OPD, and
broadcast is so much, that they are cheaper here (for the most part).
This does not seem to be the case elsewhere, where OMs are holding their
own nicely compared with Nikon. Old F-series Nikkor MF lenses in excellent
condition are becoming rarer and rarer though.
  I agree with Gary on his appreciation leaders-list.

                              *= Doris Fang =*