Re: [OM] Finding OM Goodies Via the Internet

Subject: Re: [OM] Finding OM Goodies Via the Internet
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:51:24 -0600 (CST)

> Hi Dave:
>
> > The store manager claims that the only OM stuff
> >  he sees any more is priced so outrageously that he refuses to try to sell
> >  it, even on consignment with a 20 0.000000ee!

That must be Precision Camera which spent forever trying to sell an
8mm for $2000 when other dealers wanted $800-1000. Maybe they should have
tried competitive prices. Honestly, some of these stores must think they
are married to the gear. They spend years trying to sell pieces they could
sell immediately for a small price cut. (Although for the 8mm above, a big
cut would be needed.) One reason for Keh's success is that they cut prices
when items don't move after a month or two. On several items they have
the cheapest price I've seen from a dealer.

> With the likes of Paul van Tuyl just a hop, skip and jump away, you'd better
> consider moving to more fertile hunting grounds.  Better not be Tyler, TX,
> though.  You got fierce competition up that way.
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

Paul Farrar