Re: [OM] OT - Vivitar Series 1 19-35 f3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Vivitar Series 1 19-35 f3.5-4.5
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 10:12:01 -0700
At 02:38 PM 1/15/99 -0600, "c.e. packard" wrote:
>Currently I own a Zuiko 28mm f3.5 but I looking for a wider angle lens.
>The prices for Zuiko 21mm and 24mm that I have seen are up there and
>gaining altitude. I am considering purchasing a Vivtar Series 1 19-35
>f3.5-4.5 zoom and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or
>opinions about this lens. I have the Seies 1 28-105mm and really enjoy
>the results it produces.

I've never owned any of the Series 1 zooms, but I own a Series 1 90mm/2.5 macro
lens and I've been quite pleased with the results.  The only reason I'm
thinking of selling it is that my wife graciously gave me the opportunity to
buy the Zuiko 90mm/2.0 macro (which opportunity I jumped at).

The Series 1 lenses are, in my limited-experience opinion, the class act of
third-party lenses.  Wish Vivitar would make more (especially more manual focus
ones).

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/