Re: [OM] there is an alien in my lens!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] there is an alien in my lens!!!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:17:28 EST
In a message dated 1/16/99 10:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, mediadyne@xxxxxx
writes:

<< By the way, have any of you dealt with ebay? Have you had good experiences?

I think you'll open a HUGE discussion with that question!
I've had both great and bad experiences there. There ARE some deals there, but
like everything else-  IF is seems too good to be true, IT IS.
My advice is- use e-bay verrry carefully, not exclusively. It's probably
better to get to know some honest, reliable dealers(Like B&H Photo, Paul Van
Tuyl, or Charlotte Camers Brokers), some honest private sellers- right here on
the list even- and built a trust and reputation with them. In the long run
you'll be better off, because there's a lot of junk out there as well as some
decent deals. Via e-mail it's very difficult to separate the two. A bona-
ficamera dealer generally will not sell you junk. If you don't like the item,
you can generally return it. Just My Opinion.
P.S.- I have no interest in the above mentioned dealers, just good experiences
buying from them.

George S.