[OM] 250 Film Back

Subject: [OM] 250 Film Back
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 15:06:12 -0800
>From: Andras Iklody-Szabo <isza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The OM-4T manual states, that the "original 250 Film Back 1" can not be
>used on this camera, but Olympus Service can alter it to fit the 4T.
>
>Does anybody know
>1. what exactly has to be altered?

Mine appears to fit perfectly, although I haven't actually put film through
it. The camera winds and fires. It could be that mine has already been
altered. I bought it used on Usenet, not knowing it might have a problem
with the 4T.

>Related to this same back:
>Can it be used with the Winder 2 without problems?

I don't see any problem with that. The Winder attaches and fires, but as I
said, mine might already have the mod, and I haven't actually seen any
exposures yet.

I'm also interested in these issues, and would like to find out before
Monday afternoon, when I'll be loading a cassette for doing some VR work.
(Panoramas really chew through film!) I'd hate to load $50 worth of film
and THEN find out it won't work!

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229