RE: [OM] Email pollution revisited

Subject: RE: [OM] Email pollution revisited
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:24:30 -0600
Brian,

It's not those using Eudora -- you generate the garbage but don't see it
because your email client filters it out.  What the WINMAIL.DAT file is all
of the codes the MS Exchange client uses to indicate formatting, i.e.
fonts, colors, typefaces, etc.  Eudora/Exchange filters it out when you
send it directly to the client, but the listserv software has no idea what
to do with it so it passes it on as a semi-ASCII block of data that tends
to really, really piss off non-MS email users.

You don't see it, but trust me -- it's there!  I didn't know I was
generating it until several kind listees informed me of it.

Rgds,

Dave