Re: [OM] OM3Ti sales question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3Ti sales question
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 07:55:09 EST
In a message dated 1/14/99 10:08:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, mediadyne@xxxxxx
writes:

<< I was just wondering, does any one know how the sales of the 3Ti went? When
Oly
 came out with the camera, I thought they were testing the grounds to see If
they
 will continue the OM line. As soon as it came out I bought one. But I'm
 wondering If the sales didn't live up to Olympus's expectations. Another
 disturbing thing I noticed is that in B&H's photo site, under 35mm cameras
there
 is no listing for OLYMPUS...
 I can tell you from experience that the 3Ti matches the all mechanical Leica
 R6.2 in quality. What went wrong? >>

Hello Alexander,

I haven't checked B&H's web site, but the Feb 99 issue of Shutterbug has an
Olympus section that includes a new photo of a 3ti mated with a 35-80/2.8.
Since I don't recall a photo of a 3ti for a long time in the ads, this might
lead me to think they just got a new batch and are trying to market (there's a
concept) them a little.

Just food for thought.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice