[OM] Need advice: Slide scanner?

Subject: [OM] Need advice: Slide scanner?
From: Claes <alvsborg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:53:43 +0100
Hello all,

I have a slight-off topic that I need some advice on. I have noticed that
some of you use a slide scanner, and I have become interested myself.....

Primarily, I want to publish sharp photos on the web, but it would be great
if the quality is enough for off-set printing too. What (affordable) slide
scanners are available on the market? It would be great if you, who use
slide scanners could give some http-links to photos that you have scanned
and put on the web. And also give some ideas on pros and cons of different
scanners.

Is it possible to get a good slide scanner under say USD 1000? Or
preferably even less.

Also, what are the pros/cons of using slides and a slide scanner compared
to prints and a good flat-bed scanner?

Greatful for any input in this matter.

/Claes