[OM] METER FLUCTUATIONS WITH LIGHT ENTERING VIEWFINDER>!

Subject: [OM] METER FLUCTUATIONS WITH LIGHT ENTERING VIEWFINDER>!
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:29:15 -0800
Hello,

I have a question / problem....I've noticed (as I wrote in a previous
email) that light can get to the inside compartment of hte camera when
the mirror is up (OM-10) and sunlight is from behind at certain angles.

Now I've noticed that it also affects the meter at times.  For example,
last time, with my face stuck to the viewfinder, the reading was 1/60,
when I moved slightly back it shot up to 1/500!! (mirror still down)
Now is this a)normal, and b) can it be avoided or prevented by
installing an eyecup?

thanks so much for your help....

P.S. could a dirty rear element in the lens reflect light entering
viewfinder --> prism--> mirror --> rear element onto the cell ? etc...

regards

Konrad Pizzuto
p.s. it was my birthday on the 15th... i'm now a staggering 21... still
can't let loose of my peter pan syndrome (ahem.. a 115kg peter pan...
yeah right!!!)  anyway, if anyone wants to send me a...300mm (i think
I've bored everyone on this list with me wanting a 300mm!!!!) I'm
waiting with hands wide open!!!
just joking guys.