Re: [OM] ergonomics, 2nd round....

Subject: Re: [OM] ergonomics, 2nd round....
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:13:46 +0000
after reading Frank Ernens' comments on the OM2SP:

>13. Attachment for RH grip. I'll be getting one of those.

anyone know where I can get one, and how much?  UK/Europe preferred.  I'm
also on the lookout for a cheap ER case for OM2n/SP - the back half.  I
don't need the nose, but I sometimes find the other part handy when
handholding longer lenses.  It also protects the body from knocks a little.

>14. Rewind control can't be knocked when working the lens

I've never found this a problem - I've cussed more trying to grip, move and
hold the damn thing on the OM1/2n, as it is prone to flicking back to
upright until I start rewinding.

>Some minor blemishes
>
>1. Black body. Burns your eyebrow on 38 C days like today.

and freezes to your eyebrow when it's minus 6 C, but then don't they all!

>4. Expense of circular polarizers

I meter & compose without, and then add linear polariser for clicking.
Saves buying an additional filter (which I'd probably forget to take with me
anyway).

>the beeping probably disturbs the fauna.

not half as much as a 14-stone human ferretting around with a big bag of
camera equipment in one hand and a tripod in the other!

Simon E.