Re: [OM] More ebay madness!

Subject: Re: [OM] More ebay madness!
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:24:33 -0800
>Jan says that Ebay agrees with his way of acting - but I can hardly
>imagine that they do, because it certainly interferes with their
>business and makes them loose profit.

FWIW: I once sold an item I auctioned below my reserve to the high bidder.
I then emailed eBay, and offered to voluntarily pay the commission. They
said "thanks, but no thanks."

The eBay folks have much more important things to do than worry about
people who invest lots of time seeking buyers on their sysetm. It would be
a simple matter for them to not supply this information, or restrict it to
auction participants, but they choose to allow any registered user to
obtain this information.

I think we must agree to disagree on this one, which seems to be difficult
for for those who believe only Olympus email should appear hear, or that
the OM-4 has no problems, or that someone might feel a particular computer
is better than the one they use. Be tolerant! (I have to tell myself that
from time to time... :-)

Obligatory OM content: after saying the 250 back worked with the Winder, I
find I have to eat my words. When any of three Winders I have are attached,
they don't work. I tried masking off the electrical contacts on the 250
back, and they still don't work.

Also, the MD2 NiCD pack won't fit. One could easily machine the screw-on
bottom latch of the 250 back to allow it to fit, however. But my MD2
wouldn't trigger at all, even with the M.18V pack, which does fit. I may
have a bad 250 back or something, but I can't figure out what's going on at
the moment. It may be that the 250 back is shorting out the film-plane
contact that is used to fire the data back.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229