Re: [OM] How to use a 35 shift (was More ebay madness!)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to use a 35 shift (was More ebay madness!)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:45:28 -0600
>Assuming your camera is level, of course, but then you chop the top of the
>building off!

Ahem, don't you think this could get you in trouble.  Last time I chopped
the top off of a building they ended up condemning the structure.

Seriously now (yeah right)...  The fun starts when you use the shift lens
the wrong way.  My favorite "pose" is to get the camera down to ground
level, shift the lens all the way down (the wrong way) and point the camera
way up at the building.  A varimaggot finder is handy as the camera will be
pointing almost straight up.  The "natural distortion" of a wide-angle lens
is further accentuated by the obsene shift that has been added to the
composition.

Ken (I really need to get a life) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306