Re: [OM] OT: ebay ethics [was: More ebay madness!]

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: ebay ethics [was: More ebay madness!]
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:11:24 -0800
Gary Reese wrote:

>To see the latest measures being taken by ebay to reduce scam artists
>and other illegal or unethical activities, see:
>
>http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2187917,00.html
>
>There are some nice new initiatives here!

IMHO, it's too little too late.  And in my estimation, it won't
help them a bit.  I clearly looks like a preventive move, probably
because a good number of sharkey lawyers smell blood in the
murky waters that is eB*y.

Were I a lawyer, I would definitely explore a class lawsuit by
the sellers (eB*y is supposed to serve THEM, as it's the sellers
who foot the bill).  To me this makes a lot of sense: the company
is publicly traded, it's profitable, the owners/shareholders are
flush with billions of $$$, and there is PLENTY to complain about.

I still think that the only remedy to eB*y's ills is the rise
of a worthy competitor.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA