Re: [OM] Black specks on Focusing screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Black specks on Focusing screen
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:42:07 EST
In a message dated 1/19/99 7:21:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The
 interchangeable screens of OM-1,2,3,4 make it possible to use a clean
 viewfinder all the time. >>

I'm not sure I agree with this. While I would never want to give up my
interchangeable screens, I find that the act of changing the screen tends to
invite dust, including, potentially, dust on the pentaprism, which is not a
problem in a fixed-screen camera. I try not to change screens too often, but
when I do getting them *really* clean can be maddening! I hate peering through
specks of dust!

Maybe I should just get a separate body for each screen. Yeah... that's the
ticket... ;-)

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI