Re: [OM] Amateur 200/300 prime recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Amateur 200/300 prime recommendation
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:40:43 -0800
Dave Haynie wrote:

> The other one I got recently in this range in a Zuiko 100-200mm f5,
> mainly because it was at a price I couldn't refuse ($55). In very nice,
> with a small bit of internal cleaning necessary to be in EX- shape. This
> is a Zuiko S, with the plastic aperature ring, but it seems noticably
> sharper than the Tameron, so for me, a good deal.

 Dave;

Yes, I ecently picked up one of these as well, albeit for several moe
$$$.  I agree with your assessment: it seems to be quite sharper than
'expected'.  And, as Gary Reese pointed out, it loses nothing when the
Zuiko 2X is added. (Well, except for ease of focus.) I think the S on
the Zuikos stands for 'Suprisingly good'.

George