Re: [OM] OM1n serial numbers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n serial numbers?
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:22:32 -0500
Can't directly tell from the serial number on the body.  Olympus was
weird that way and really kept no records on that basis.  The "birth
Month" of the camera can be determined by a code on the pressure plate
inside the camera (plate must be removed to view it).  Off hand I would
consider the one you mentioned fairly late as mine is in the 1.9 million
range and I think that it's quite late production (never felt it was
worth removing the pressure plate to find out exactly). If you can get a
decent one, they seem to last forever (except the foam of course).
Rand E.