Re[2]: [OM] Amateur 200/300 prime recommendation

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] Amateur 200/300 prime recommendation
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:54:48 +0200
Dave wrote:

>Actually, that's chromium steel, isn't it. Extra hardness and all.
>Aluminum is actually much like plastic in that it lends light weight when
>used correctly, but can cause problems (binding, etc) if used in the
>wrong placed.

I am not sure about the right terms because of my bad English, but I think
the main material of metal zuikos is an aluminium-alloy (very hard one, you
can see it at the old chrome ring versions) for the turret and
chromium-plated brass for the bayonet. The body bayonets of OM-1,2,3,4 are
stainless steel, with the OM-10, OM-707 and OM-101 it is also
chromium-plated brass (like the most bodies with metal bayonet have). I
think chromium steel is an alloy with iron and chromium.

Matthias