Re: 18th january birthdates (was Re: [OM] METER FLUCTUATIONS WITH LIGH

Subject: Re: 18th january birthdates (was Re: [OM] METER FLUCTUATIONS WITH LIGHT ENTERING VIEWFINDER)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:15:45 -0600
>Anyway, can anyone answer my original question....
>Why does the meter fluctuate when light enters from the eyepiece on an
>Om-10 when the mirror is in normal diagonal position?
>is it normal... do I shoot myself... or invest in a nikon.... hehe!!

The OM-10 contains a CDS(?) cell in the penteprism and reads the light off
the focus screen just like the OM-1 and OM-2.  Light entering the eyepiece
will throw the meter off a little.  Canon's are really ornery about this,
Nikons are a little bit better, but neither are as good as the OM-2S, OM-3T
and OM-4T which do all metering in the mirror box.  All penteprism based
metering systems will be affected by eyepiece light.

Ken
Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx