Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:24:27 -0600
>    The Is 2 and 3 are the only ones with ED glass, btw. My
>     only other complaint with it is the same w/ all p&s zooms. I can zoom
>     manually a whole lot faster than any of them. so, I'm still debating on
>     buying the camera.

Not true.  The IS-1 also had ED glass (same lens as IS-2, I believe).  I'm
not sure about the IS-10 and other variants, but wouldn't be surprised if
they also contained an ED element.  BTW, the ED glass is in only one
element, according to my IS-3 literature.

The IS series are bridge cameras between the SLR world and the
camcorder/digital camera world.  As such, the T-W buttons are pretty
standard today and the zooming is fast enough on the IS-3 (which has two
speed zooming).  I just checked and I can zoom from one extreme to the
other in less than 3 seconds.  But the motor does make a racket.

Go ahead, Brad, get the IS-2.  It has the improved auto-focus.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx