Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 00:46:13 +0100
Hi Brad,
you wrote:
>>As for the IS series, I think Ken pretty much covered it.

I agree with you the post of Ken is a good one (I'm still waiting for the
end of the story of Vert and Toky...) and the IS-3000 is a very good "all
rounder".

>>We currently have a used IS-2 at the store I'm considering buying (do I
really NEED 8 cameras? ;)).

I don't know if you need one more but when closed the IS-2 is so small that
you could put it in a jacket pocket (a large one) and so always have it with
you. If my memory is right I guess that Gary Reese have replaced his P&S by
an IS-2. You are right about the speed of the zoom and there is also a
little limitation with the accuracy of the autofocus: I've missed some
pictures because I couldn't do the focusing just in time...
Anyway it's a nice tool
regards
marc