Re: [OM] OM1n serial numbers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n serial numbers?
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:17:32 -0600
Another clue of a late model OM-1n is that the date code is not behind the
pressure plate but is stamped inside the film chamber (similar to OM-3/4).
The OM-1n I have is S/N 2199xxx and has the code stamped in the film
chamber.  The date code contains the letter F which probably corresponds to
1986.  John H. posted some more info. on date codes a while back.  Check
the archives.

Bill Rice

Rand E. Tomcala wrote:

>Can't directly tell from the serial number on the body.  Olympus was
>weird that way and really kept no records on that basis.  The "birth
>Month" of the camera can be determined by a code on the pressure plate
>inside the camera (plate must be removed to view it).

<snip>