Re: [OM] cleaning dirty focusing screens; multicoating; appropri

Subject: Re: [OM] cleaning dirty focusing screens; multicoating; appropri
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jan 99 09:44:42 +1100

--- Begin Message ---
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jan 99 07:27:56
On 20 Jan 99 at 4:36, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  I've done this for years on the 1 series screens without any problems.
When I
>  tried it on a 2-13 the screen was ruined. :-( The screen "darkened"
wherever
>  the lens cleaner touched it. I was using Kodak lens cleaner.
>  Beware!  Paul Schings >>
>
> I would think that this screen could be revitalized by several baths of
> distilled water.  I think lens cleaner is just a surfactant in H20 so it
> should go back in to solution.

I also tried lens cleaner on an OM-10 screen (1-13 equivalent), and had this
darkening problem. Cleaning with dish detergent followed by a good rinse and
blow dry removed the lens cleaner, and resulted in a like-new screen.
(the screen had the black sticky specks from rotting foam, which is why the
detergent was needed).