Re: [OM] New boy on the block

Subject: Re: [OM] New boy on the block
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:26:49 -0800
Welcome :)
Looks like you're off to a great start to serious Zuikoholism.  Oly offers
two 50mm macros, the f.3.5 and an f/2.0.  The 3.5 is significantly smaller
and lighter and gives away nothing to its speedier brother.  Images have all
the good things we want - sharpness, contrast, very little distortion.  The
f/2.0 version is exceptional.  My only "complaint" is its weight.
Wonderfully sharp and free of distortion all the way to the edge.

The 90mm f/2.0 macro is at the head of its class.  Bulky, heavy, dreadfully
expensive, it delivers first class images.  If compares favorably to the
50mm versions.  If anything, it is better imho.  You can go wrong with any
of them.  You'll love your 4T and Zuik goodies.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"

John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx> introduced himself and posed the following: