Re: [OM] OM Bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bellows
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:11:44 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:30:35 -0600, Dave Bulger
<dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>All,
>
>Anyone ever thought of somehow adapting the OM bellows to do shifts, etc. per
>the N*k*n bellows they sold a few years ago...
>
>Sounds like it would be fun!
>
>Rgds,
>
>Dave

Yes Dave, there has been a discussion on this a few months back.
My personal view is that this is cannot be done easily.

Maybe the most feasible way would be to cut a bellows rail in two (or
take two, of course) and mount front and rear mounting plates on the
two different lengs of rail. You will have to construct a connection
betweet the two rails which can give the shifting, tilting, etcetera.
I haven't found a suited mechanism here...

Indoors you could mount the two half bellows each on their own table
tripod, but this would only work for one special kind of picture
(horizontal shooting directions). Any other conditions will ask for a
fixed but bendable/shiftable connection.

Keep in touch about this one, please.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.