Re: [OM] New boy on the block

Subject: Re: [OM] New boy on the block
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 06:34:53 -0700
At 09:53 AM 1/21/99 +0200, Matthias Wilke wrote:

[snip]

>As I and James Olson have pointed out recently, the 50mm 1:3,5 is a
>wonderful lens with very "plastic" results. Many list members would
>mention, that the 90mm 1:2 macro or the 50mm 1:2 macro lenses are
>superiour, but for me, the 1:3,5 is the favourite lens of all my Zuikos
>(there are many).

If by "plastic" you mean "has superior 'bokeh'," then I've gotta vote for my
all-time favourite portrait lens, the Olympus Zuiko 100mm F/2.0.  The first
time I saw portrait results from this lens wide open, I almost flipped!  (So
did the friends whose portraits I took.)  Sharp as a tack portraits with a
beautifully-rendered out-of-focus background like nothing I'd ever seen from my
equipment before.

One of the few times I'd ever felt like a "professional."

Garth