Re: [OM] dark current

Subject: Re: [OM] dark current
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:44:44 +0100
George wrote:

:My 4T doesn't do this.  Depending on scene and aperture, I get varying
:shutter speeds - up to a maximum of close to 4 minutes.  Eg if F/2 gives
:me 1.5 mins, F/2.8 will go for 3 min.

This sounds very interesting. When my very expensive :-) slide film is full,
I'll do some tests with my 4Ti and see if I can reproduce this too. I know
my 4 locks up. Well, maybe we should read the given exposure limit specs of
1 min. (centre weighted) and 4 min. (spot) as values that are guaranteed by
Olympus to be reproducable, but that individual cameras may go beyond these
values. And maybe you *were* lucky, that your camera does the 4 min job also
w/o spot. Unless it won't do it also in spot mode; in this case, some wires
are probably just reversely connected :-)
This individual behaviour of the OM-4(Ti) makes them just like human
beings - I always felt it was alive and kicking! And you better treat it
accordingly. If you drop it (bad boy, Alexander, bad boy!) it will punish
you by taking unsharp pictures. And if it has too much battery drain, you
haven't been talking gently enough to it, now have you? And when I want to
take the shot of my life, I'll consider if I should take it to bed with me
the night before (that is, if the 4Ti is feminine :-)

Hans