[OM] OM/500mm F8 quality?

Subject: [OM] OM/500mm F8 quality?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:20:14 +0100
Hi,

First of all this is my first day to this list, so I don't know if this
question has already been asked before (if so, please excuse me):

I'm trying to locate a 2nd handed (mint) Zuiko OM/500 F8 reflex lens, now I
have a few small questions about such a lens:
-How does the quality of the pictures compare against those of the OM/400
and OM/600 lenses?
-Would $300 for a second handed mint lens be a good price?
-Can anyone who has some experience with this lens maybe tell me a bit about
its usability (lighting conditions since it's only F8, weigth/size of lens
(impractical for hand-holding?), quality of pictures, distortions, etc.)

Cheers!
Olaf