[OM] Bellows Tilt

Subject: [OM] Bellows Tilt
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:48:39 EST
If you want to hand hold your tilt/shift Oly bellows, you can take the 1/4-20
ends of fthe rails and both the standards will come off. Loosen the front lens
rotating release and turn the front standard around 90 or 180 degrees.  Now
you can hand hold it the front standard.  I suppose you could get sharp photos
if you used a flash. I was able to get a whole 8" x 11" page in focus at a 45
degree angle wtih the 80 macro.  There was some vignetting at the top but I
don't know if this was mirror cut off or picture cut off. The actuation of the
diaphragm should still work.  Lets see, one hand on the double cable release,
T10 flash in place, another hand holding the tilting lens, the camera on a
tripod using the focusing rail, I guess I have enough hands.  (No destruction
of any equipment is involved here.)   You might be able to use the 1/4-20
threaded hole on the focusing rail to attach something to hold the front
standard.

Good luck.

Warren Kato