[OM] New versions of the FAQ's

Subject: [OM] New versions of the FAQ's
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:31:31 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all:
I've just finished updating the Oly FAQ pages at:

http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

Some of the new items:

        Paul S.'s MC/SC survey.
        Paul S.'s list of manuals and brochures.
        How to fire your MD/Winder from a PC.
        How to install new batteries/make NiMH packs for your
                MD Control Pack rewritten and cleaned up.
        Info on eye relief.
        How to calculate angle of view.
        Some differences between the OM-4 and OM-4T(i) that
                are not widely documented.
        A link to Gary's lens tests.

        Probably a few other things I am forgetting.

Finally, please note that I have been forced to switch to the digest
version of the mailing list.  While I really love the sense of community
of the list, the volume that sense of community generates made it
increasingly hard for me to keep up with the list in non-digest form.
For those of you who are feeling swamped by the current list volume,
please don't leave us entirely without first trying the digest version.
I find that it really does make keeping up easier.

As always, if you have interesting material for the FAQ, please don't
hesitate to email me.  Things are more likely to make it into the FAQ if
you email me directly (lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) than if you just mention
in a post to the list "hey, maybe this should go in the FAQ".  On the
other hand, now that I'm reading the digest, it's much easier for me to
search each message for the string "FAQ" or "faq", and thus catch
references I might have missed before.

Have a good weekend everyone, and I hope you enjoy the new versions of
the FAQ's :)

Cheers,
--Lee