Re: [OM]Nature Photography Question

Subject: Re: [OM]Nature Photography Question
From: Paul Laughlin <plaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:58:31 -0800
 Hah!

> I have seen some superb nature shots taken by pros and published in magazines
> which
> I believe were set up - in that the 'wild' subject must have been in a cage or
> enclosure.

Jimmy Dean used to do a hunting show on TV.  They always advertised that
it was the real thing.  He came to Silver City N.M. to film an episode
on Cougar hunting.  A guy in Cliff N.M. had a cougar in a cage.  They
took that cougar out and had him so tranquilized that they had to speed
up the film in order to make him run.  All of the locals quit watching
the show after that.  I understood that they had an awful time getting
that old cougar up a tree.
Paul in Portland OR