Re: [OM] coyote photography

Subject: Re: [OM] coyote photography
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:35:35 +0100
:Animals detect your human scent. Best drill is get some cotton clothes,
:unworn, wash them in a stream several times, no soap, softener, or the
like,
:then air dry remote from human scent. Before the "shoot", for at least a
:week, shower without soap, shampoo or the like. Change into the
:stream-washed clothes (store them remote from items with human scent)
before
:you walk into the area where your blind will be. It's a lot of trouble, but
:it helps the with scent problem.

Well, I'm not a Coyote "shooting" expert - the only Coyotes that can be
found in Amsterdam are in the Artis Zoo and near the Central Railway Station
(shooting the first is "dead" easy since they are behind bars; shooting the
latter is unfortunately not allowed) - but still I thing I can add some more
Photo Safari ideas that are less troublesome than the plan above, and a
little more hygienic too ;-)
1 - Approach the place where you would expect the Coyotes with your face
towards the wind; this seems to be The Classic Hunting Tric (at least
according to my Tarzan books :-) to avoid wild animals smelling you even if
YOU smell like an old toothless Coyote;
2 - Get a loooooooong telelens, something in the 600-1000 range. Why for
Pete's sake isn't there a Zuiko 600/F4 available?
3 - If everything else fails, get a gun. Dead Coyotes won't run.

I'm Hans. You Jane?